Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Firefight

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where we highlight one book that we're eagerly anticipating."



This weeks Waiting on Wednesday is... *drum roll*



 
Firefight (The Reckoners #2) by Brandon Sanderson! 
Release Date: January 6, 2015
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Pages: 432

Goodreads: 

From the #1 "New York Times" bestselling author of Words of Radiance coauthor of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, and creator of the internationally bestselling Mistborn Trilogy, Brandon Sanderson presents the second book in the Reckoners series: Firefight, the sequel to the #1 bestseller Steelheart.

They told David it was impossible--that even the Reckoners had never killed a High Epic. Yet, Steelheart--invincible, immortal, unconquerable--is dead. And he died by David's hand.

Eliminating Steelheart was supposed to make life more simple. Instead, it only made David realize he has questions. Big ones. And there's no one in Newcago who can give him the answers he needs.

Babylon Restored, the old borough of Manhattan, has possibilities, though. Ruled by the mysterious High Epic, Regalia, David is sure Babylon Restored will lead him to what he needs to find. And while entering another city oppressed by a High Epic despot is a gamble, David's willing to risk it. Because killing Steelheart left a hole in David's heart. A hole where his thirst for vengeance once lived. Somehow, he filled that hole with another Epic--Firefight. And he's willing to go on a quest darker, and more dangerous even, than the fight against Steelheart to find her, and to get his answers.

So, what are you waiting on this Wednesday? Post a link and I'll go check it out!

-Daniel


8 comments:

  1. Ohhh, that sounds really interesting! I've never heard of the book/series or even the author before ... what's the first book called? :)

    Yvonne @ a world between folded pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first book is called Steelheart. I like the series so far. It's interesting! :) Thanks for checking my blog out!

      Delete
  2. YEEEEESSSSS!! Lol, sorry, but this book! Gah, I can't wait any more, I want it now!! I'm so impatient to continue this story, and Sanderson is a genius of a writer. I just know this next one is going to be even more amazing than the last. Great pick!!
    Here's My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so many great things about this author! I really want to start his book Mistborn because I've heard many great things about it! I really want this book because we've had to wait a long time for it!
      Thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete
  3. I feel like such a bad fantasy reader because I haven't read anything by Sanderson yet! Good pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is the only one that I have read so far. I want to read Mistborn but i have to find time for it. Thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of his books yet, though I now own several. I'll have to look more into this series.

    Dreams @ Once Upon A Dream Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I liked the first book in this series, Steelheart, and I want to read his other book Mistborn. I can't wait for this book.
      Thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete